Clearwater Snake Steelhead Derby
sponsored by Rogers Dodge
November 17-24, 2018 • Lewiston, ID
- All laws, rules and regulations of the Idaho, Washington, and Nez Perce Tribal Fish and Game Departments shall be observed.
- The official Rogers Dodge Clearwater Snake Steelhead Derby area will be any area open to legal fishing for steelhead on Idaho and Washington waters from the Oregon border north, including the Clearwater River and Snake River Confluence, extending west to Lower Granite Dam and east to Dworshak Dam.
- It is the responsibility of each participant to read, be aware of and observe all derby rules and regulations.
- Each registered participant using a boat during the tournament must fill out the AIS decontamination form provided at the time of registration and printable from the steelhead derby website, steelheadderby.com.
- The Derby will begin at 12:01 AM on Saturday, November 17, 2018. Weigh-in cutoff each day will be at 5:30 PM. Any fish that is weighed in after 5:30 PM will be applied to the following day’s prizes. Final weigh-in will close noon on Saturday, November 24, 2018.
- It is the responsibility of each participant to bring his or her steelhead to a weigh-in station.
- Limit is 1/day Hatchery Fish (adipose or ventral fin clipped and a healed scar at the location of the clipped fin).
- Any steelhead mauled, mashed, frozen or injected with fluids, or other foreign weight will be disqualified and may be prosecuted under the law. Any steelhead showing extreme loss of color may result in disqualification at the discretion of the tournament judge.
- At weigh-in, each steelhead caught during the derby will be marked to identify it as a registered fish. In the event of a tie, the first steelhead weighed-in is the winner. Any weighed-in steelhead competing for prizes may become the possession of the derby officials until all awards have been processed.
- Any protest must be made to the tournament director prior to the close of the tournament in writing and be accompanied by a $30.00 protest fee. If the protest is upheld, the fee will be returned. The tournament judge’s decision is final in all cases.
- Your signature on the derby weigh slip is verification that you agree that the data is recorded correctly on the weigh slip and will not be subject to appeal.
- Disqualification for any reason will automatically forfeit entry fee(s).
- The Conservation Preservation prize competition is a separate contest requiring an additional registration fee. Each day, registered anglers who fail to catch a fish will be entered into the conservation preservation drawing. The daily winner will receive $50, with another $50 in the angler’s name being donated to a fish conservation project, chosen by the Lewis Clark Valley Chamber of Commerce. Rogers Dodge will match the donated $50 for a total of $100 each day going to the chosen non-profit organization.
- Mystery fish will be based on randomly selected weights up to 18 lbs. There will be two total mystery fish per day.
- Any person under the age of eighteen (18) years old must have their entry form signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Youth participants registered for $15 entry fee must be seventeen (17) and under, and are eligible for merchandise prizes only. NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CASH PRIZES.
- Derby officials may check participants and their fish at any time during the derby.
- Entrants may qualify for only one winning fish per day during the derby. Entrants cannot win heaviest and mystery fish, heaviest will win out mystery fish.
- Monetary derby prizes will be awarded as checks from the Lewis Clark Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Daily entries into the derby may be kept at any weigh-in station for verification, and publicity purposes.
- Late entries (after 9:00 PM November 17, 2018) must wait twenty-four (24) hours before qualifying to enter any fish.
- Each participant acknowledges and agrees that tournament directors, officials, participants, and any other organizations assisting in the tournament operation, their agencies, etc., are not responsible for death, injuries, damages, disability, theft, fires, or any other loss of any kind to entrants.
- Awards checks will be mailed the Friday following the close of the derby.
- No results are final until the Tuesday following the close of the derby.
- All Fisherman in boat must be Derby contestant.